A homely ritual, an imperfect altar. A moment’s silence sparks charcoaled incense, and true serenity descends.
Frankincense, Mastic, Saffron, Myrrh, Rose, Musk, Styrax, Sandalwood, Labdanum
275g scented soy wax candle
Approximately 65 hours burn time
Made in Scotland.
How to use:
- When you light your candle for the first time, let the entire wax surface melt before putting it out.
- We recommend allowing your candle to burn for 2-4 hours on the initial burn or until the wax becomes fully molten on the surface.
- Burn for less than 4 hours with each consecutive burn.
- Do not move a candle when lit, when wax is molten, or the glass is still hot.
- Due to the natural composition of the soy wax used, the surface can have a marbled appearance and the fragrance may take a little take time to fill up a room. This is normal and won’t affect your candle’s performance.
- Regularly trim the wick to an ideal length of between 3-5mm.
- Remove the wick mushroom/ bulb for optimum burn performance.
- Centre the wick in the wax after each use for consistent consumption of the wax and to avoid wax hang-up on the side of the vessel.
- Do not leave a burning candle unattended.
- Do not set in a draft.
- Our candles burn for approximately 60 hours in optimal burning conditions.
- Do not burn the candle all the way to the bottom of the vessel – leave around 5mm of wax or discontinue use when the metal wick sustainer becomes visible through the molten wax.
- We recommend airing your space after burning a candle.
Store your candle in a dry, temperate place between 15-25°C. For optimum performance, use your candle within 2 months of purchase. Plant based waxes can ‘sweat’ if ambient temperature fluctuates. The sweating may vanish and absorb back into the wax or you can wipe the top of the candle (please wear gloves). If you are uncertain about any of the characteristics that your candle exhibits, discontinue use and either discard in-line with your local waste regulations or contact us before using again.
Natural plant waxes may reset bumpy or pitted between burns – this is due to the high purity of the vegetable wax used and will not affect the burning performance of your candle. It may not look pretty, but it will smell glorious.